Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014... Surprisingly Good

With only half an hour left of 2014 I am looking back to see what this year held for me.  Boy... What a shock!

It has almost been a YEAR since I blogged!!!  WHAT THE? How on Earth did that time lapse so fast?

Well... Here's how... My year in a nutshell!

  • I discovered that being a mother means MY NEW YEAR really doesn't begin until February when the kids go back to school!
  • My little girl began kindergarten! While my big boys were in Grades 2 & 3!
 
  • I wondered why I was so tired in February and the answer was positive while I went into shock!



  • My husband started a food vending business...

 Nicely Spiced
  • ...and we bought a food van to start renovating! She's almost done!

  • We welcomed pets into our home. And sadly lost some too.




  • I turned 40 years old.
  • My Daisybug needed glasses!

  •    I TOUCHED KEITH URBAN!
  • My son Mitchell got to play basketball with the WILDCATS!


  • I lost a work colleague and two school friends this year. They all affected me deeply in very different ways. I learned a lot.  A dear friend lost her mother too. Again... I have and am learning so much through her loss.
  • I had my baby at 34 weeks gestation. 6 weeks early. We named him Ethan Trevor and he is thriving now after a very tiny start to life. He is my heart's joy!

 

 

  • My kids did great at the school sports carnival!

 

  • My Ashie Splash had his tonsils out!


  • My husband met Peppa Pig and her little brother George!


It's funny. I was thinking that besides the birth of my son Ethan and the birth of the business, 2014 was pretty empty and void of highlights. In fact I was mentally counting the losses and hardships it had brought. But it really wasn't all toil and trouble. There were so many lessons.  But there really was so much to celebrate too.

The year didn't turn out at all how I anticipated that it would. But it served me the most beautiful curve ball I could imagine and I am so grateful.

Now, I get to release 2014 and look into 2015 and dive in! I am so excited!!!

I hope that 2014 was kind to you and that no matter what, 2015 brings you incredible opportunities for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment